Monday, June 17, 2019

Let Your Dreams Blossom | For the Love of Stamps

Hi Everyone!

Jenny here with a card that uses one of my favorite techniques - emboss resist. 


I'm using a stamp set by one of my favorite brands at Topflight Stamps - For the Love of Stamps.  I'm using the Floral Favorites set full of lots of whimsical flowers and a few great sentiments. 

To create my card, I arranged the flower and leaf stamps in my MISTI stamp positioning tool over a panel of Bristol Smooth white cardstock, as close together as possible.  I then stamped them in embossing ink and heat embossed in white.  I removed the stamps and then rearranged them all again, repeating the steps until the entire panel was covered.


I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to swipe stripes in a variety of purple and pink (and a touch of blue) horizontally across the panel.  I then spritzed heavily with a shimmer spray to enable the color to gently blend into each other.   The embossing resists the spray, and when dry, you can buff it off with a dry cloth.  I trimmed down this panel and popped it up on foam tape to a white notecard. 


The sentiment was heat embossed in white on black cardstock trimmed out and popped up on more foam tape.  As a finishing touch I added some iridescent jewels.

Love how this sparkles in the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10