Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Steampunk Valentine


Hello, Topflight Fans!  I hope this finds you enjoying some time to yourself, especially if you've been experiencing holiday madness.

With the year coming to a close, I start to think of upcoming holidays.  Next up for me is Valentine's Day. February can be so dreary, it's nice to be working on something to brighten someone's day.


So today's card is all about love:  self-love. It's (always) a great time to be good to yourself. That PaperArtsy Eclectica Emmy Godfrey EEG13 sentiment is so spot on!


I started the card by sponging Prism Ink Red Brick, Camellia Pink, Red Chili, Midnight Black, and Black Currant Jam onto the card front after masking it in angular segments. Once I removed the mask, I went over it again to create a tonal effect.

I used a red embossing paste with the Aall and Create Steam Cogs Stencil for some luscious texture.


I wish you could feel this card. The effect is amazing.


I also used the Visible Image Alice in Wonderland Dark Hearts Stencil.


The skulls are subtle but there--perhaps a reminder of time's passage.


I added some additional layers of color using one of the That's Crafty ATC Coins Set 6 as well as images from the PaperArtsy Eclectica Emmy Godfrey EEG13 set.


Are you inspired to start on your Valentine cards or needing a little bit more down time?  Why not  check out the latest from Topflight Stamps while you're thinking about it? :)


If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10