Thursday, July 23, 2020

Darkroom Door Background Stamps

Hi Everyone,

Cornelia here today! 
This week's focus is on Darkroom Door Background Stamps.



I used this wonderful butterfly background by Darkroom Door stamps. I used the iron-off ink resist technique. I used watercolor paper. I inked the stamp with Versamark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Sponged ink in rainbow colors over the butterflies. The heat embossing resists the ink. I took a second piece of cardstock and placed it onto the inked up one and used my iron, to iron off the embossing powder and transfer it to the second cardstock. There is a wonderful video by Jennifer McGuire that you can watch HERE. She explains it much better than I do....


Added the big butterfly and the sentiment.


And here is the second card I got out of this: 


You can see a bit of the rainbow colors, that transferred over. Used black soot distress ink to sponge  over the background. Again, you see that the embossing powder acts as a resists. I finished it off with the big butterfly and some sparkly gemstones.


I hope you liked this! See you next week with more Topflight Stamps inspiration.

Here are the stamp supplies I used:
Use code FUNSTAMPING to get 12% discount at Topflight Stamps.

  


Butterfly Background,                    Butterfly,                                  Thank You


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10