Monday, July 13, 2020

Quilted Gel Prints for Eileen Hull Notebooks


Happy Monday stampers!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a couple of fun mixed media notebooks made with a fabulous PaperArtsy Tracy Scott stamp set, ETS22.  I shared THIS post some time ago on making 6x6 gel prints and did a flip through video of all of my prints.  Now, I don't know about you, but I love finding ways to use up my prints 1. because they are so cool and 2. so I can make more!!!  I gathered together two groups of prints in similar color schemes to begin my quilted designs...


The easiest way to make a paper quilt is to use a punch.  I have done this before with dies that have faux stitching on them and the result is beautiful, but much more time consuming.  This time I wanted to add real stitching and use the prints to die cut with my Eileen Hull Notebook die.  I chose a piece of thick kraft card as my base and use my bone folder to make score marks on it to help align my squares.  The trick is to start in the center and work your way in nice straight rows, making sure all corners meet perfectly.  I use wet glue for this so I will have wiggle room.


Here is my finished piece work!  


I machine stitched around each row, and was left with a lot of texture on the reverse of my panel.  I wanted to make it very sturdy to use with my die, so I applied Mod Podge to the reverse stitches and adhered printed tissue paper, to coordinate with my theme.


This worked to both secure the stitches and strengthen the cardstock.  


Now, I had some more "cherished" prints that I used to cover some tiny composition notebooks.  Two of these fit perfectly in the Notebook die.  The Tracy Scott stamp set has such a great variety of images.  I used the smaller ones for the inserts and the larger ones for my covers, mixed with quotes from the Alison Bomber Dream stamp set,  EAB07.


The backs of the notebooks show off the plain prints.  My husband cut these cute pencils down to size for me to attach to the finished books.


I used a Posca pen to add white hightlights and Beacon Mixed Media Glue to adhere the imagery to the fronts.  


The insides look super cool with that tissue overlay!


And here are the opened covers so you can see all that beautiful stitch work.  I truly hope these little notebooks have inspired you to put your gel prints to good use today!  For me, I'm inspired to get printing!  See you next time, Autumn


Build your stash at 
Topflight Stamps today!





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10