Tuesday, July 28, 2020

He's Simply Elegant!

It's Tuesday, which means that it's Kathi here to share a card with you. As you might know, I love cats and have made it my top priority to collect all the cat-themed stamps, dies, and stencils in the world. They've said that "she, who has the most cat stamps, wins!" So clearly I needed this dapper cat from the Simple Elegance Cling Rubber Stamp Set by Carabelle Studio.

I think he's so classy that he needed to be framed! So I did just that using the Regal Frame Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door.

Here's my card:


Using Memento in, the elegant cat from the Simple Elegance Cling Rubber Stamp Set was stamped onto white cardstock and onto mask paper, which was fussy cut and set aside. A stamp platform was used to position the Regal Frame, which was also stamped with Memento ink. A hand-held stamp positioner was used to position the sentiment, which was stamped with Archival ink.

The dapper dude was colored with Copic markers, then the pre-cut mask was placed over him and Post-It Notes were placed over the frame, so I could add a touch of stenciling to the interior of the frame.

I kept the mask on the cat and placed the image panel back into the stamping platform. The  Regal Frame was inked with silvery black metallic ink and stamped. Clear embossing powder was heat set. A gold colored Copic marker was used to color the white bits on the embossed frame, then an embossing pen was used to go over the entire frame and the cat's glasses. Clear embossing powder was heat set. This process was repeated several times to build up layers of clear dimension on the frame and the cat's glasses. 

After some misadventures trying to get a straight rectangular border around the frame (I would swear that my vision has gotten wonky lately or maybe I'm just unbalanced), I ended up fussy-cutting the frame, which then needed to be edged with a dark marker and blasted with a heat gun to seal those edges. 

The image panel was adhered to some really old, but beloved patterned paper and onto a bluish card.

If you'd like to know more about this card, pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping!

BTW, if you'd like to get 12% off your order at Topflight Stamps use THIS LINK!

Topflight Products Used:




PSA: You only have a few days left to take advantage of the Christmas/Winter in July Sale going on at Topflight Stamps! The sale ends July 31st!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10