Thursday, November 21, 2019

Find Your Happy Place - Stamped and Stenciled Art Journal Page




Hi to all my crafty friends! It's Mary here, with my 3rd November Guest Designer post for Topflight Stamps.  

I started off by rolling dark turquoise paint onto watercolor paper, leaving a little bit of white here and there.  Then I tapped lighter turquoise paint through the Carabelle Studio The Sun Stencil Mask with a makeup sponge. Such a fun stencil to work with! 


Then I traced around the stencil and then cut around the outside edge so that I had a big circle piece, which I double-sided taped to gold dot scrapbook paper that I had already taped to light turquoise paper. The final size is 8x8 inches.


I stamped the quirky and wonderful PaperArtsy Jofy 64 flowers onto pink patterned scrapbook paper and highlighted some of the areas with white paint pen and turquoise glitter pen to make them stand out a bit. I then fussy cut them out.

 I wanted the smaller one to stand out, so I glued the big flower down flat, and used foam tape to add dimension to the smaller one.



I drew in stems with a black marker and a green paint pen, then glued down die-cut leaves to the stems. I traced around the leaves a bit with a black marker.  

I flicked some white paint around with a brush for more texture.  When that was dry, I dotted the blue parts with gold paint pen, sort of mimicking the bigger gold dots.


I found a gold sentiment in the same paper pack as the gold dot paper and fussy cut it out and glued it down. It appropriately says "find your happy place". I'm truly happy when I'm making art. 


I love the gold with the turquoise and pink!  

I hope this inspires you to create your own art journal page with these cool supplies!





Visit me on social media as Motley Mixed Media!







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10