Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Cat Bat Witchy Halloween Card

 It's Tuesday, which means it's Kathi here to share a card created for Topflight Stamps! Since it's now officially fall, it's time to turn (almost) my full attention to things Halloween. 

I decided to create a little scene with the Bat Cat Witch, aka Zinski Mini Zini 07 Rubber Cling Stamp by PaperArtsy, who is doing some research in her personal Halloween library, which was created with the Book Spines Frame Stamp Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door, two skull bookends from the Mr. Bone Jangles Clear Polymer Stamp Set by Visible Image, and wallpaper made with the Forest Leaf Stencil by Stamperia

Here it is! BTW, she's a grey cat in real life. 




The Bat Cat Witch, aka Zinski Mini Zini 07 Rubber Cling Stamp, was stamped onto white cardstock, fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a black marker. I took her photo before I set her aside to work on her library.

Here she is all colored and fussy-cut.


The next step was to stamp the Book Spines Frame Stamp and the two skulls from the Mr. Bone Jangles Clear Polymer Stamp Set onto white cardstock. I'll mention that I used a Stamping Platform because I wanted the bottoms of the images to align. 

Since I knew that I'd want to add a background to  the image, I also stamped book spines and the skull onto repositionable label paper, which I use as masking paper after fussy-cutting it.

I colored the book spines, the skulls, and the "shelf" with Copics, masked them, then sponged Milled Lavender Distress ink over the images to color the background. The same Distress ink was sponged over the Forest Leaf Stencil onto the image panel.

All the masks were lifted and a whole batch of rub-ons were used to add titles to the book spines. I'll admit I had a lot of fun with that, so much so that I took a photo to share with you.

Here it is:

I edged the image panel with Black Soot Distress ink, then matted the image panel with black cardstock, and mounted the shebang onto a purple 8.5" x 4" card. I added the Bat Cat Witch to finish the card.

If you'd like to know more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:
 

 




Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10