Monday, September 21, 2020

Tracy Scott Floral Feather Stamp Mixed Media Tag


Happy Monday stampers!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a couple of mixed media projects based around the new PaperArtsy mixed media feather stamp set by Tracy Scott, ETS43.  This stamp is wildly popular, so if you find it is unavailable on the Topflight Stamps website, make sure to sign up to be notified when it comes in.  


I had an idea of a cascading tag book with the feather as the bottom, leading up to one of Tracy's butterfly stamp.  I chose ETS22 and used the flowers from the set to fill in my middle layers.  I stamped each design on a sheet of gel printed paper (I used my 8x10" plate for these prints).   I taped a tag die in place and cut to the point of each stamp design where I thought it would cascade nicely.  I used leftovers to stamp portions of the images to pop out.  I will share a flip through video on my Instagram (@sewpaperpaint).  I used some of Tracy's mini stamps to add more pattern to the tops of each tag.


This is the card I made for you the week before last, but didn't get a chance to post it here to the TFS blog because we were on a last minute vacation.  I used the same stamp set by Tracy, this time using both feathers, layered for a boho look.


I know we all face the problem when playing with our prints that some portions of our prints are just better than others.  Here you can see how I took a variety of pieces and layered them together to make my card background.  The end result is filled with texture!  So save those scraps and do piecework when you can.  Thanks so much for joining me today.  Have a creative week!  Hugs, Autumn


Topflight Stamps Goodies (Click to shop)





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10