Sunday, September 18, 2022

Lavinia Stamps Night Owl Scenes

 

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint back with you today to share a couple of owl themed cards featuring Lavinia Stamps & Stencils.  For my first card I dipped my panel in a light wash of Confetti Elements Dye Ink, then layered the Lavinia Abstract stencil over my panel and sprayed Tangerine Dream Glimmer Mist.  It left a beautiful orange shimmer!  I blotted some of the ink and the pattern wasn't as visible as I had hoped, so I tried a second round of spraying.  This time, I sprayed Bronze Penny just over select portions of the Abstract stencil.  Now, Bronze Penny in my experience is a brown spray with added shimmer.  You can see how it looks almost like walnut stain.  It's beautiful, but heavier on the color than I would have thought looking at the label.  This is why some (smarter than myself) people make color swatches.  I just fly by the seat of my pants and bin the project if it goes south.  Ha ha ha, but in this case I was pleasantly surprised and so I persisted...

I stamped the Tree of Courage branches (turning the stamp upside down for the left side) and then the owls, Echo and Drew, then decided to add a moon.  I'm not entirely sure I recommend this method, so if you try it do so on a scrap first.  But I circled my white Posca paint marker and then smeared it with my finger quickly in a circle.  I repeated this several times until my moon was large enough and white enough for my card.  There is a half minute or so drying time, so that's how I managed this.  Later, I blended a little Sundance over the bottom of the moon and some Stickles over the top to liven it up a little.  Along the bottom of my card, I stamped the Fern Heads in Truffle and accented them with a gold gelli roll pen and more Stickles.  I stamped the Snow Shrub in Russet Orange and finished with some white Posca marker highlights.  I do like adding the white dots on my work, but decided this panel needed some dark spots, so I used the Mini Dots stamp to stamp randomly around the sky in Truffle.  What a great little stamp!


Once you get going with these critters, it's hard to stop envisioning new scenes...  This time I made a mask for my moon.  I simply traced the bottom of a pill bottle onto a sticky note and cut it out.  You could use a die cut for this, but I was stamping away from home and had to make do.  With my mask in place, I lightly sponged Mermaid Elements Dye Ink with my blending brush in a circular motion around it.  Around that I sponged Mulberry, especially making the corners dark.  I lifted my mask and very lightly sponged the moon with more Mermaid so it wasn't just bright white.  I used a torn sheet of paper to mask and sponge the hills along the bottom of the panel, then stamped the Seasonal Tree and the little owl along one of the hills.  And there you have two very different designs with one little owl stamp set.  I really hope these cards and techniques have inspired you today!  Hugs, Autumn

Because these inks are water reactive, I was able to use my water brush to lift up color to form the clouds.  I just brushed and blotted, brushed and blotted until the color was as desired.  The white highlights and Stickles add to the effect.  For my ground cover, I stamped the Silhouette Foliage and Flora Set repeatedly in the coordinating ink pads. 

For my final card I stamped the sweet owls onto a background stenciled with the Abstract stencil over the same Tree of Courage stamp.  The bottom was stamped with the Fairy Buttercups stamp.  The colors of Elements ink are Mulberry and Confetti.  This one was super simple to make and is a good warm up card for a Lavinia play day!  I hope you're inspired and will enjoy your stamping time, Autumn

Find Lavinia Stamps & Stencils at Topflight Stamps today!

 









No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10