Thursday, September 7, 2023

In Memoriam Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door Stamps

  Hi Everyone,

Cornelia here today. This week we are remembering Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door on the Topflight blog. She recently passed away, battling pancreatic cancer. She is a huge loss for the stamping community. She was incredibly talented, inspirational and kind. Sending my sympathies to her family.
I recently added this wonderful stamp set to my collection. It's called Twisted Tree. I started making the background first, cutting a stencil with a generic circle die. Brushed the center with Forest Moss distress ink and Shahara Elements ink. Brushed around the circle in black, using the cut out as mask. Stamped the tree and the birds and bats. Used acrylic ink with a thin brush to add some white highlights. Stamped and heat embossed the sentiments onto black cardstock and added them. I also added "SPOOKY" with Versamark, although it does not come out well in the photo. 

I hope you liked this. Thanks for visiting. 
See you next week with more Topflight Stamps inspiration.

And here are the stamp supplies I used: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10