Monday, September 18, 2023

Lost at Sea

Hi  MEL PILLING  here today with a comical couple, trying to find their way home.



I taped off below the horizon using Washi tape, then used a blender brush and did the sun with   Elements Ink in Sundance. The sky was done with Blue Atoll and Blue Lagoon sweeping towards edges to form rays. Additional rays were done with a make up applicator and pan pastels in white and yellow.  I sprayed this area to seal the pastels.   I  moved the Washi tape to above the horizon. The sea was done with a flat paint brush using Elements Ink in Blue Atoll ,  Blue LagoonMermaid , Dark Denim and Midnight Blue . I also used distress Ink in Peacock Feathers.  I used these inks on a pallet like watercolour paints, sweeping side to side, using the edge of the brush, blending the colours into each other . 

I masked off the lower section of the elephant prior to stamping.  I stamped my Katzelkraft elephant using Versafine Clair Ink in Nocturne , then drew the dinghy around him. I drew the seagull on his head freehand. All of this was coloured with watercolour pens. Then I fussy cut out the whole piece and glued it onto my project. I always use a black marker to darken the edges before I do this. It makes it look like you cut your piece out perfectly.  I then shadowed the dinghy and highlighted the water with white acrylic paint.

 KATZELKRAFT STAMP USED






I think the elephant captain should trust his friend seagull’s nose.  This lovely set is very easy to create cards or an art journal page.  Topflight Stamps carry many fabulous stamps to create these scenes. You are only limited by your imagination. 



To enter the Topflight Stamps Darkroom Door challenge, just create a project using at least one Darkroom Door product. Post it to the Topflight Stamps Design Gallery on Facebook and/or post it on your Instagram feed and use the hashtag #TFSDDC. I'm looking so forward to seeing all the amazing things that will be created. I encourage you all to be on the lookout and leave positive comments on these projects. Let's all spread some kindness in memory of Rachel.

The prize for this challenge is a huge package of Darkroom Door stamps with a retail value of over $200!!! To be eligible to win, post your project any day in September and be sure to use the hashtag #TFSDDC. A winner will be chosen at random on October 1 and announced shortly thereafter. The more projects you post the better your chances of winning!


Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10