Monday, May 11, 2020

Let's Make A Planner Page!

Happy Mix Media Monday!! Karen Bearse here with a bit of a different project today. I thought it would be fun to make a collage planner page. My planner keeping is a bit sporadic but I wanted to make one documenting the month of May. With everything that is going on with Covid-19 it is a good way to take a snapshot of life in the time of a pandemic. I hope this post finds you safe & healthy.



This page is my title page for the month. Pulling out a bunch of different products it a great way to create! It is a busy so if you want to tone it down go for a more subtle background instead.  For a full tutorial with step out pictures go here. 



Let's talk about the awesome products that I used for this page. I started with collaging rice paper by Andy Skinner.

Next up some stencil work using Darkroom Door...  


using Glimmer Mist in Cherry Pie.


Then some background stamping using Prism Ink in Roasted Coffee & Smoked Paprika.


For the stamp Cogs was used. You need to check out Darkroom Doors Texture stamps for this technique- they have so many that would work. 


For the title I knew I wanted Story, story, story from Seth Apter's newest stamp ESA13. Love love this one!



Of course I had to heat emboss the title but which color  to choose? There are so many dynamic colors.  I did go with Boho Blends in Burmese Jade by Gwen Lafleur.



My tag was built with inspiration from Rachel Greig from a youtube flip through of one of her journals. The video is posted below. I chose to use the Steampunk Square set but there are quite a few to choose from.


I love looking at people journals. They are so fascinating to see how the artist designs. This flip is chock full of the stamps that are carried here at Topflight Stamps. You can find the tag at the 9:06 mark in the video. There is all sorts of inspiration in this video so I hope you take a look & say hi & subscribe to Rachel's channel. Thanks for joining me today & if you want to see the step by steps hop over to my blog. Have a great day & stay safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10