Monday, May 4, 2020

AALL & Create Blooming Birthday Cards


Hello friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a couple of bright and cheery birthday cards featuring the AALL & Create Blooming Field stamp set and the Cloister Grille stencil.  


I cut out portions of my favorite gel plate prints, which were made with craft paint and the Cloister Grille stencil.  To get this effect, I laid the stencil onto wet paint on my gel press, then used a scrap paper to lift the paint in the open spaces of the stencil.  I then removed the stencil, allowed the paint on the plate to air dry and covered with a layer of white paint to make the pull.  I stitched around the square panels with my sewing machine and used portions of the Tracy Evans Fritillaria stamp in coordinating Distress Oxides and Versafine ink to add some texture.  


I stamped and fussy cut two of the flowers from Olga's Blooming Field stamp set.  I used Zig Markers to color the images.  I used an octagon die to cut the paper I used to lift paint from my stencils in printing.  It had all sorts of colors and patterns from a day of play and made a unique base for the floral motif.  I edged the octagons in black ink.  


I finished each card with a sticker sentiment, edged with some doodles, and contrasting mat.  I hope these bright and cheery cards will be a blessing to my friends with summer birthdays.  I hope they have inspired you today!


Find these beautiful products at TopFlight Stamps today!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10