Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Meow You Doing?

Greetings! It's Kathi here with a cat-themed card and envelope set. At my house, every day is Caturday. On May 8th, we celebrated the second adoptiversary of our beloved cats. We gave them their favorite food, favorite treat, played with them, and looked fondly at the photos and videos of their adoption. 

I suppose you really didn't need to read all that, but I'm so smitten with my cats and cats in general that I can't help collect cat-themed stamps. So, when I saw the seriously adorable Meow You Doing Clear Polymer Stamp set by Polkadoodles, I had to have it! With two absolutely adorable cats, cat toys, and sentiments, it's a great value.

Here's the card:


And here's the envelope:


The big cat was stamped onto white cardstock and onto mask paper. The mask paper version was fussy-cut and adhered atop its counterpart on the image panel. 

Periwinkle Prism ink was sponged over the cloud portion of the Great Outdoors stencil. The stencil was flipped and Rainforest Green Prism ink was sponged over the grass portion of the state stencil. 

The mask was lifted and the images were colored with Copic markers. I also used the markers to touch up the grass a bit and add a shadow to ground the kitty. 

Cat themed patterned paper and some floral paper were used to create the card. The sentiment was stamped onto a die-cut speech bubble and adhered to finish the card.

The envelope was created using the same method as the card. My big helpful tip is to put a piece of scrap cardstock inside the card as you color. That way the Copic marker doesn't bleed onto the back of the card. 

If you'd like to learn more about the card and the envelope, please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:









Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10