Monday, March 29, 2021

Lots of Darkroom Door Play

 Hello Topflight Stamp Fans, remember today is the last day to join in and comment on our 4th Birthday Blog Hop! Prizes to be won!!

Karen Bearse here & this week is all about Darkroom Door (DRD), one of my favorite companies. They have a wonderful catalog of red rubber stamps & stencils. I have a full tutorial on my blog as well as links to owner/designer Rachel Grieg's YouTube travel journals. 

 

I prepped a travel journal in the hopes for some upcoming travel at some point! Also while I was at it, lots of ephemera was made to use in this & other journals, art journals & art cards. Great to make these images ahead of time & have them at the ready.

Let's look at the products used for my travel journal play. I have a lot of Darkroom Door stamps and used them! Starting with Paris. Did you know that DRD has categories of stamps like Film Strips? These are great used in a strip or cut up individually. 


Another category of stamps is Collage, I used Steampunk Squares. These images can be used for travel, time or whatever your imagination comes up with. Another Collage set that is new for me is Butterfly Post  I see lots of possibilities for making postage type stamps etc. 

Words, oh my pretty words aka Sentiment Strips, another category. For this travel journal the words from Adventure are just perfect. 

Don't forget you can use these with Lots of Labels to make all kinds of cool combinations. Plus you have to like that hand!

Speaking of butterflies this set Fine Butterflies works very well when stamped & left blank to color when I am traveling. It is great on a journal page or planner page. 

Is it possible to have too many favorites?  Coffee Time, who doesn't need this set? Last but not least how about some Buzzing Bees?


 Of course we need ink to play with these stamps. Many colors of Prism Ink were used. It was really fun to use multiple inks on one stamp, creates some dynamic looks. Also try using different papers, it is a great way to get more use out of our stamps. 

Of course stencils are great to create, add a splash of color, create a border or use a marker to add words or titles. Grunge Borders & Journey Stencils open up lots of possibilities.


Washi Tape helps by adding a pop of color or images to your planner or journal pages. For other products that I used see the tutorial on my blog. Thanks so much for joining me. I hope you get a chance to get inky today!


3 comments:

  1. Hello, Wonderful products. Darkroom door is one of my favorite companies and I never knew about them until I found Topflight Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Darkroom Door products! I especially love the butterfly designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many scrumptious supplies!what a great assortment to choose from Darkroom Door.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10