Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Happy Purrthday!

Greetings! It's Tuesday, so it's Kathi here with you today to share a project. This week my teammates and I are showcasing the wonderful products by Darkroom Door. I really, really wanted to use the Television Eclectic Red Rubber Cling Stamp and kept debating what to do with it. Since I needed a card for my Godfather, who is turning 94 and loves cats, I decided to mix things up a bit.

Here it is!


I started by stamping the Television Eclectic Red Rubber Cling Stamp three times onto Copic friendly cardstock and once onto a Post-It Note. The Post-It Note version was fussy-cut around the. perimeter of the tv and the picture portion was also cut out. This mask was placed on each television set as the kitties from the Moody Kittens Clear Stamp Set was stamped. I used my stamping platform for this. 

The TVs were fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a dark marker. You'll note that I opted to color the kitties in grey scale so that they looked like black and white television shows to match the vintage vibe of the Television Eclectic Red Rubber Cling Stamp. They were set aside while I created the background.

The Abstract 12 Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door was stamped with black Archival ink onto Mixed Media Cardstock. I had to use a manual stamp positioner to add additional length to the border, but after a few botches, I got it right. The top part of the card was blocked and Graphite Elements Ink was applied with a whiskery shaving brush thingy, then heat set.

The bottom/graphite part of the background panel was covered and Sundance Elements Ink was brushed on with another whiskery brush thingy, lightly sprayed with water, and heat set. Fun Flowers Background Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door was inked with Sundance Elements Ink, then randomly stamped on the top portion, then heat set. The background panel was trimmed to 8.5" x 3.5" then edged with the two colors of Elements ink used previously.

Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko was used to stamp the sentiment from the A Purrfect Day Clear Stamp Set by Heffy Doodle onto a scrap of the leftover yellow-brushed cardstock, heat set, then die-cut.

The image panel was adhered to grey cardstock then to a yellow card. The three television sets and the sentiment die-cut were adhered. Grey gemstones from the stash were used to finish the card.

If you'd like to know more about this card, please visit my blog Kat's Tales of Stamping.

 Topflight Stamps Products Used:






















Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

01 09 10