Sunday, March 28, 2021

AALL & Create Tracy Evans Hare Easter Cards

 

We are having a birthday blog hop with lots of chances to win prizes from Topflight Stamps, so please click HERE to see that post.  

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a couple of mixed media Easter cards inspired by the gorgeous Hare stamp by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create.  He is one of my favorite designs by Tracy and I really wanted to use him as an Easter image.  I've shared another card with him HERE in the past and love when a stamp is very versatile.  

For this card, I imagined Mr. Rabbit hopping through a field bringing treats to my kids, so I tried to recreate that thought with paper.  

I pulled a bunch of gel printed papers I've made over time the Gel Press printing plate and various AALL & Create stencils.  I stamped some of Tracy's flower stamps and the bunny and fussy cut them all.  I used green printed paper to make layers of grassy hills, mounted over a blue sky print.  I hope this card has inspired you to pull out your prints and make some stamped scenes yourself.

 

Since I had my prints all on my art table, I pulled together a second card.  Again with the Hare stamp, this time layered with flowers by Olga Heldwein for AALL & Create.  I simply adore this flower set.  I stamped the flowers with grey ink and used grey Frescos to print the bunny.  

 

For both cards I added a sentiment sticker, a doodled border and machine stitching around the edge.  I was tempted to make the second card into a "welcome baby" card, but don't know of any babies being born.  But you could certainly use this stamp to make a sweet baby card, in addition to so many other themes.  Thanks so much for joining us today!  Hugs, Autumn

See even more inspiration for using this stamp in my previous post HERE.


And find these stunning stamps at Topflight Stamps today! 

Click the images to shop!

 





2 comments:

  1. I love the Hare themed cards! Perfect for Spring birthdays....😍🤩🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10