Monday, March 22, 2021

Carabelle Studio Field Birds Cards with Lavinia Ink Pads

 

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a couple of cards featuring the gorgeous new Jen Bishop birds stamp by Carabelle Studio.  There are three new bird stamps in this release, and they are just gorgeous.  I wanted to make a pair of vibrant cards with them.

I have been very excited to play with the new Lavinia Elements Premium Dye Ink Pads, which are now in stock at Topflight Stamps.  After seeing the amazing video tutorials Lavinia has shared on Instagram about using these pads with a brayer on the gel press, I had to try it.  Basically you lightly brayer this special formula of ink onto your gel plate, then sprinkle with watered down Brushos.  I used the Mermaid Lavinia pad and this amazing brayer by Speedball and added a light coat onto my gel plate, then since I didn't have Brushos handy, I tried adding watered Distress Inks with a normal brush.  I got little spotches and not the pooling effect that you get when you use the fan brush as they do in the Lavinia videos.  But I loved the background nonetheless!  I still had a lot of ink on my gel plate, so I decided to spritz it with water and pull a second print.  It was just as beautiful, only lighter.  I probably could have pulled a third print, but didn't have any paper handy... ha ha ha.

 

I stamped both backgrounds with Field Birds 1.  To create some contrast, I stamped them again and watercolored the birds to mount back over my backgrounds.  To add a little more interest I stamped the cancellation from Carabelle's My Stamp 2 along the edges.  I used the gorgeous Crealies Double Stitched Dies to cut the backgrounds nice and neat.  I am so excited about the possibilities for making backgrounds with these inks and can't wait to try again.  Thanks for joining today!  Hugs, Autumn

Find these beautiful products today at TopflightStamps.com!







1 comment:

01 09 10