Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Another Day Another Coffee Card!



Greetings! It's Tuesday and the Coffee Lovers Hop is still running so you've got Caffeinated Kathi here today to share a project with you! Topflight Stamps is a Super-Sponsor for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! Be sure to check out the store for all the coffee themed products available as well as all the wonderful new products.

I wanted to show the versatility of  the Coffee To Go cup from the Coffee and Tea To Go Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set by Katzelkraft. It's got that open space that is crying out for a stamped image, so I decided to add one of the super-alert looking meerkats from the Meerkat Madness Clear Polymer Stamp Set by Hobby Art Ltd.

Here's the card, which has an action wobble.


Video? 


The first step was to stamp the Coffee To Go Cup onto white cardstock with Memento ink. I stamped the cup onto a Post-It Note and fussy-cut the bottom of it to use to mask the bottom of the cup. Several of the meerkats from the Meerkat Madness Clear Polymer Stamp Set by Hobby Art Ltd. fit the front of the cup, but I decided to stamp the one with the bowtie onto the cup, which was fussy-cut and set aside.

I placed the Super Hero Rays 6x6 Stencil  by Paper Rose Studio over a piece of beige-ish/tannish cardstock, then working from the center outwards sponged Blue LagoonMermaid,  and Sundance Elements Dye Ink by by Lavinia Stamps over the stencil onto the paper. Keeping the Super Hero Rays 6x6 Stencil in place, the Coffee Beans 6x6 Stencil by Paper Rose Studio was placed over it and Henna Elements Dye Ink was sponged over that. I should note that these inkpads are especially juicy, so after inking the foam applicator, I dabbed ink off onto a piece of scrap paper. However, their very juiciness is what allowed me to apply ink through two stencils!

Since I hadn't colored the Coffee To Go Cup, I was able to choose my colors based on the stenciled paper and used Copic markers to color the meerkat and the cup accordingly.

The inked panel was trimmed, matted with brown cardstock, then adhered to a green 5" square card. 

The fussy-cut Coffee To Go Cup was then adhered to the card front using an Action Wobble.

If you'd like to learn more about this card, please visit my blog, Kath's Tales of Stamping

Topflight Products Used:
















Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love a good wobbler. So cute. Lovely colors. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, Your card is hilarious! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card to watch it wobble.
    Thnak you for being a sponsor on the 2021 Coffee blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10