Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Mixed Media on Canvas with Fresco Paints by PaperArtsy

Hi, Connie here with a Canvas Zippered Bag, decorated mixed media style,
with Fresco Paints by PaperArtsy.  I was in hog heaven (country expression)
creating this!!  The paints performed wonderfully!!!




I started with gathering supplies and figuring out the color scheme for 
the canvas bag. 


I used the Gel Press 6X6, Speedball/Brayer 2" and Fresco Paint.
Paint colors: Lawn, Gold Rush, Turquoise, Eggshell and 
South Pacific


The process is started by adding small dabs, of three different colors
of paint, on the Gel Press and then with the 2"Brayer
roll the paint until the Gel Press is covered.  I took different
sizes of combs and added squiggly lines to create an unique
design.  Then I pressed the Gel Press into the canvas bag. 
I pulled a couple prints with the remaining paint on the Gel Press.
( I will share what I created with the help of those prints soon.)
This process was continued until both sides of the canvas bag were painted.



The next step was adding the stencils. I used black acrylic paint and highlighted
in  random places with watered down Eggshell (using a 0 brush size).
Buttons were added to complete the bag.

Stencils used: 

The word CREATE was put on using the stencil by 
Creative Expressions called Inspire.  Any word stencil
will work to add a special word to the corner of the bag.

  Thanks for stopping by
 and 
just for you
get 12% off by using the code
conniemercer at the Topflight Stamps Store.
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10