Saturday, February 4, 2023

Butterflies and Script

 Hello friends! Alanna here and I'm back with a fun and easy card to share with you today. To get started, I took two colors of the Spectrum Noir Shimmer Pearl ink pads in Raspberry and Amethyst and did a direct to paper technique with them. I love the fun effect that I got as I swiped the ink pads across my piece of white card stock. And because these inks have shimmer in them, they are just beautiful. Unfortunately, the camera didn't want to pick up on any of the shimmer and shine.

After my panel was dry, I trimmed it down to 4x5.25 inches and then took the beautiful Butterfly Collage stamp from Studio Light and stamped it with my Versafine Claire Nocturne ink pad. I love this image and how detailed it is. 

I matted this panel onto some black card stock leaving a thin border and then added this to a purple A2 notecard and that completes this card! I debated on adding a stamped greeting to my card but then decided it didn't need one. Bonus - this card can now be used for nearly any occasion. :)

I plan on creating several of these cards to give as a gift set to a friend. 


You can find all the products I used on this card in the Topflight Stamps store below. I hope you've been inspired! ~ Alanna

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you Alanna for your guest designer position. I think the ink swiping technique you used looks awesome. I thought it was a stamp at first. The butterfly image is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing this terrific card. :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10