Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Colorful Sunflowers with Katzelkraft

 


Hi friends! Colleen here again sharing a colorful sunflower card, wishing for spring weather and skies that are the same beautiful color as in my card! Sigh... Today I'll be using several products by Katzelkraft. This is an AMAZING company with a wide variety of design elements in which to choose! I hope to share just how versatile these stamps are with my card today! 

I love to color, so I was very excited to see the Katzelkraft Sunflower red rubber stamp! This is a bold image with lots of coloring opportunities! I started by stamping the image in permanent black ink (I use this type of ink when I color with alcohol markers, so the ink doesn't bleed). Then I created a mask for the first flower and stamped a 2nd one behind it. So now it looks like one flower is tucked behind the other! Next, I colored both flowers with my alcohol markers. 

When I finished coloring the sunflowers, I placed the masks back over each flower and ink blended around them using Lavinia inks in Violet Chalk and Della Blue. I started with Della Blue, inking most of the area around the flowers, and then went back in with Violet chalk just around the edges of the flowers. The combination of both colors creates a lovely sky! 

I decided at the last minute to add a bit of stamping around the flowers for a mixed media effect, so with the masks still in place, I stamped a sentiment script from Katzelkraft's Nature & Flowers in 3 places around the flowers. This stamp has so many playful elements that add detail to your card design! Make sure you check out all that's included in the Supply List below!   I decided to add white splatters over the entire card panel after I removed the masks from the flowers! White splatters add an element of detail that just makes the card so interesting and makes my heart happy! 


Once my card panel was fully decorated and colored and splattered (he he), I trimmed the edges with my deckled paper trimmer. Before I adhered it to my 5.5x4.25 card base, I stamped the white card base with Katrzelkraft's Big Script. This stamp makes such an interesting background for your card panel! This is one of those "one stamp does all" types! Finally, I was ready to adhere my card panel to the base. I finished with a sentiment from Katzelkraft's Holiday Quotes. These are large, bold sentiments with a lovely calligraphy! I added glossy accents to the stamin of the flower. I just love to add that extra shine and detail! 

Below is one more image of the final card design! 


I hope you were able to see the huge array of stamps and designs that Katzelkraft has for your crafty stash! You can do everything from coloring to creating mixed media pieces! Thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES USED:





Lavinia Della Blue dye ink





Katzelkraft Holiday Quotes red rubber stamp






Katzelkraft Sunflower red rubber stamp


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10