Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Floral Steampunk Birthday Card

Greetings! It's Kathi here with a monochromatic floral steampunk birthday card featuring the large and lovely Flowers and Gears Clear Stamp set by AALL and Create.  I've also used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the wonderfully useful Classic Sentiments Clear Stamp set by Heffy Doodle.


The large flower and leaf was stamped onto Copic friendly cardstock and onto masking paper. The masking paper version was fussy-cut and placed over it's counterpart on the image panel. The smaller flower was then stamped on either side of the large flower onthe image panel and twice onto the masking paper. The two smaller flowers were masked, then two of the gear sets were stamped as shown.

All masks were lifted, missed lines were repaired, and the images were colored with Copic markers. True confession time. Somehow I got a huge black mark on the bottom right corner which I couldn't fix, so I used a corner rounder punch and rounded both bottom corners. I'm happy with the result, so I guess I could call that a "Happy Accident". I sponged around the edges with Distress ink to complete the image panel.

I found cardstock that matched the colors I used to color the flowers, stamped the background using a Stamperia stamp which had been inked with three colors of ink, trimmed the background panel, edged with the same colors of ink, and mounted on a 7" x 5" card.

The sentiment from the versatile and useful Classic Sentiments Clear Stamp set was stamped onto a leftover strip of cardstock, then adhered to the card front to finish the card.

If you'd like to learn more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping!

Topflight Stamps Products Used:

Flowers and Gears Clear Stamp set by AALL and Create



Classic Sentiments Clear Stamp set by Heffy Doodle.


Thanks for visiting! See you next Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10