Monday, October 18, 2021

Darkroom Door Christmas Bush Watercolor Background Cards

 

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share some Christmas card inspiration with you featuring Darkroom Door stamps.  If you're not ready to start on Christmas cards, just Pin this post for later, but I like to get a jump on my Christmas cardmaking and find that seeing inspiring designs really get my creative juices flowing.  I was eager to play with the Christmas Bush stamp set, as it is one of my very favorite Darkroom Door designs.  In fact, this background stamping technique could easily be done in different colors and it could serve as a non-Christmas pattern any time! 

I decided to make two panels at the same time.  I dipped the first panel in Antique Linen to get some background color, but left the second panel white.  I then inked up the stamp with Festive Berries and Rustic Wilderness Distress Inks (red first, so it doesn't contaminate), then spritzed lightly with water before stamping on my first panel.  I then spritzed it again and stamped onto my second panel, resulting in a lighter, more watery look.  This is called second generation stamping, but with a watercolor twist.  I kept going until I had filled both panels.  I then sponged the white one a little with Antique Linen around the edges.  

For the pinecone card, I used the stamp platform to repeat stamp both the pine cone and bough with different colors and a light spray of water between stamping.  The sentiment also comes from the Pine Cones stamp set.  The Santa image was hand stamped by Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door and sent to me in a goodie bag.  He is from the Yuletide Volume Two stamp set.  For both cards I layered with a bit of tattered canvas fabric. 

Here are a couple more cards I made with these stamps. They incorporate the Christmas Bush, Pine Cones, Yuletide Greetings, Lots of Labels and Spanish Tiles background stamps.  I hope these ideas get your mojo pumping!  Hugs, Autumn

Posted HERE @SewPaperPaint

Posted HERE @TopflightStamps

Darkroom Door at Topflight Stamps!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10