Saturday, October 9, 2021

Hobby Art Holly Wreath and Robin Christmas Card

 

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share some Christmas cardmaking inspiration with you featuring gorgeous stamps by Hobby Art.  I fell in love with the Goldfinch & Teasels stamp set and then the Jenny Wren set, both drawn by Sharon File.  I am a sucker for bird stamps!  I wanted to create a wreath centered around a bird, in this case I decided to color the wren as a robin red breast.  It's funny to me because I was reading Lemony Snicket's new book Poison for Breakfast and he said he never bothers to learn the names of birds because if you asked a bird his name he would probably answer very differently than the name you had learned.  I have always taken creative license when coloring birds or flowers, and have certainly done so here.  

I used the holly from Holly & Ivy to make my wreath, stamping the largest image twice and filling in with some of the smaller holly until it was near to a circle.  I used Distress Inks in Rustic Wilderness and Pine Needles to color the leaves and Fired Brick and Vintage Photo to color the berries.  I added a little Walnut stain and colored the "robin."  I sponged the panel with Antique Linen and a blending brush, then splattered on leftover watery inks for a grungy effect.  I also splashed some water and some White Frost Glimmer Mist.  The sentiment is from the Snowman & Friends set, and I think the three birds on their branch from this stamp set could easily replace the wren if you wanted to CASE this card.  

Which I decided to do myself, LOL!  I wanted to make a similar wreath from snowflakes.  I used the Hobby Art Winter's Snowflakes set, stamping repeatedly with all of the lighter blue Distress Inks, including Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Cracked Pistachio and Speckled Egg.  I sponged over the stamping with Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen, then colored another wren with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone.  

I used the same word stamp in Cornflower Blue Archival Ink.  I just love this XL sentiment and love to say "happy Christmas" because it seems more bubbly to me and I hope all of us are bubbling over at Christmastime.  I added some Stickles over the snowflakes for some extra fun.  I hope these cards have given you some ideas to get stamping!  xx, Autumn 





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10