Friday, August 12, 2022

Lavinia Alcohol Lift Ink Journal Page

 

Happy Friday crafty friends. Ericka from Strangely Creative here and today I'm playing with some Lavinia stamps and creating a journal page using alcohol inks along with some lift ink. I've been watching videos from Tracey over at Lavinia and wanted to try her technique using alcohol lift ink.

 


I started with Yupo paper and applied alcohol inks until I was happy with the colors. I then took some alcohol lift ink and applied it to the top of my Yupo and brayered it to spread it over the paper. Acting quickly, I pressed my white card stock onto the Yupo to lift the ink. I love the result and the colors are bright but on a paper that is easier to stamp on.


I stamped the Lavinia Mae stamp in the middle of my background with Versafine Clair Nocture ink. I then used Versafine Clair ink in Twilight, Rain Forest, and Warm Breeze to stamps additional elements onto my background with the Lavinia Floral Wreath and Lilium sets.


I stamped the Magic Surrounds Us sentiment in white around my background to lighten up the image. I then used mica powder and dusted it onto the words to add some shimmer.


I added some ink blending in Twilight around the edge of my page as well as some gel pen accents to highlight my main image.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to try this fun technique with alcohol inks.

Topflight Stamps Supplies Used







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10