Sunday, August 28, 2022

Miss Dee Journal Pages

Greetings! You've got Kathi her to share a project with you. I know it's not Tuesday which is my regular day but I recently decided that I needed to make a mini-album featuring Miss Dee, a wonderfully wry and witty character, created by Janet Klein. AALL and Create has produced several wonderful clear polymer stamp sets featuring Miss Dee. Here are my first two pages created with Miss Dee Barista Clear Stamp Set 760 and Miss Dee Chocolatier Clear Stamp  Set 763. (BTW, both pages are the same size. I guess I got confused when I was editing the photos).


I started the pages by stamping  Miss Dee Chocolatier and Miss Dee Barista in black Copic-friendly ink. I then stamped the chocolate shop and the cafe five times each.

Everything was fussy-cut, which was oddly relaxing. You'll note that on the Miss Dee Barista page, I cutt off the top part of the Chocolatier building. Similarly, I trimmed the top part of the Coffee Shop building on the Miss Dee Chocolatier page. 

All of the images were colored with Copic markers and edged with a black multiliner pen.

The two Miss Dees and all the buildings were set aside while I created two background pages for them.

I selected the rolling hills mask from the Acetate Hill Masks by Lavinia Stamps to use. The mask was placed in the center of a 6" piece of Bristol paper and a plastic ruler was used to cover the base of the panel. Della Blue and Graphite Elements Inks were brushed over the mask to create the sky. This process was repeated to create a second page.

The mask was traced onto a piece of cardstock and fussy-cut. This was placed over the sky as a mask. The rolling hills mask was moved downwards. Pine Elements Ink was brushed downward over the cardstock mask and upwards over the rolling hills mask. The rolling hills mask was flipped and Pine and Olive Elements Inks were brushed over it again. 

The masks were put away and Concrete Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints by PaperArtsy was used to paint the bottom part of both background panels to look somewhat like pavement.

Black and grey chalk pencils were used to add dimension to the pavement. Both background pages were trimmed, edged with black ink, and adhered to black mats.

White cardstock was cut with thought cloud dies and colored with Copic markers. Onyx Black VersaFine  Ink by Tsukineko was used to stamp both sentiments on the die cuts.

All elements were adhered to finish the pages.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for step-by-step instructions and complete supply lists. 

Topflight Stamps Products Used:










Thanks for visiting! See you Tuesday!

1 comment:

01 09 10