Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Be Bold Wall Hanging

 I know it's not Tuesday but you've got Kathi here again to share another project with you. I've been really inspired by Darkroom Door's Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set and Sweary Affirmations Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp.  Actually, when I first saw the Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set and Sweary Affirmations Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp, I immediately thought of creating a wall hanging using these fabulous stamp sets with leather-look and brushed silver metallic specialty papers that I had in my stash. I also knew that I had silver (and gold) spiky embellishments and barbed wire cutting dies.

Here it is!


Here's a close-up that shows the spikes and the textured papers.


Using Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink by Imagine Crafts and my stamping platform, I stamped the leather-clad sunglasses woman from the Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set by Darkroom Door onto Mixed Media paper. I did re-ink and re-stamp a few times to get a good impression. The image panel was thoroughly heat set.

I used Distress inks and markers to color the woman's face, hands, and hair. I heat set the image again just because. 

I stamped the image again onto repositionable label paper, fussy-cut it, and placed it over the woman on the image panel as a mask.

Using the largest brush from the Black Blending Brushes by Time for Tea Designs, I brushed a blue ink up from the bottom of the image panel. When the brush ran dry, I then brushed Turquoise ink from the top downwards, then brushed both colors to soften the blend line. 

The next step was to ink the Torn Text Texture Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door with blue and turquoise inks, stamping the ink off, before second generation stamping onto the image panel. I was going for subtle, which I achieved. 

I used shimmery silver ink to stamp the sentiments from the Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set and Sweary Affirmations Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp onto the leather specialty paper, sprinkled the wet ink with detail silver embossing powder, dumped off the excess, and heat set them.

The Sweary Affirmations sentiments were all cut with stitched and plain rectangle dies. The Be Bold and Be You sentiments from the  Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set were cut with a tag die, which yielded two square die-cuts. I also cut Brushed Silver Metallic specialty paper with the same tag die to get the stitched frames.

Black leather specialty paper was cut with an ancient border die with evenly spaced holes and with a rectangular frame die.

Brushed silver metallic specialty paper was cut with the barbed wire dies, which were adhered to the frame, which was then adhered over the image panel to frame the image.

A piece of textured black leather specialty paper was trimmed. The framed image panel, sentiment die-cuts, and the two titles were adhered to the textured leather paper. The two border strips were adhered to either side, and the spikes were adhered to cover the holes in the borders. 

Silver metallic cardstock was adhered to two layers of black cardstock to create a sturdy base for the wall hanging.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for instructions and complete supply lists.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10