Monday, January 16, 2023

Was it something I said? – Katzelkraft Stamps

Hi everyone. Mel Pilling here. It still feels strange saying it is 2023. Today I will be focusing on Katzelkraft stamps. They are from the wonderful new Katzelkraft line @dainuspasakoscollection. I can’t believe how easy this series is to create scenes with. I am completely hooked! 


The project today is a skunk themed art journal page. For the background, I used Lavinia stencil brushes and my own hill masks to produce the hills. For this I used Lavinia Elements ink pads in Pine and Olive  and Sahara. The sky was done in. Della Blue and Blue Lagoon . I try to use the darker shades above each hill to create a shadow. If you stencil the sky in a light jerky way it can form clouds. Just lightly dance around with your stencil brush. I stamped the Fir trees and foliage first in Morning Mist at the back and Nocturne  at the front for depth. I stamped directly onto the project first with the characters and also onto a card stock. This allows for the fine details that you may have cut off, to show. I water coloured characters, then fussy cut them out. I always darken the edges of the fussy cuts with the side of a marker from behind, to make the fussy cutting look perfect. I glued the characters onto the project and sketched in the skunk tail with watercolour pens and fine black pen. To finish, I drew three ‘stink’ lines, to back up my skunk character. I hope you give it a try.

TOPFLIGHT PRODUCTS USED:

KATZELKRAFT STAMPS


..

You are Purr-fect

L’animal mystere 


LAVINIA STAMPS

.


Fairy fir tree



Fairy fir tree large

Small branch


Lavinia stencil brush   




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10