Sunday, January 22, 2023

Encouragement Card with Darkroom Door Stamps

 Greetings! You've got Kathi here today. I know it's not Tuesday but I'm going to share a card with you. When I saw the Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set and Sweary Affirmations Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door, both sets really resonated with me. The women in the Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set look tough and strong. I loved the Sweary Affirmations Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp because I tend to be a bit very sweary. I thought both sets together would make wonderful affirmation and encouragement cards for the young women in my life. 
Whereas my normal inclination would be to stamp and watercolor the graphic stamps in the Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set, I decided to try the "no lines" technique using my Copic markers.

Here's the card!


I used a lavender Copic friendly ink to stamp one of the women from the Be Bold Red Rubber Cling Stamp Set by Darkroom Door, then colored it with Copic markers. I used colored pencils to add some dimension and color to her hair as it was looking a bit flat. A pink chalk pencil was used to add blush to her cheeks, a white gel pen was used to add highlights to her eyes and lip, and a gold gel pen was used to add the earrings which had gotten lost during the coloring process. The bejeweled bat on her choker is a brad that I took apart.

Black cardstock was cut with an ornate frame die and used to frame the image. 

Using a stamping platform, Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink by Imagine Crafts was used to stamp the sentiment from the Sweary Affirmations Sentiment Strip Red Rubber Cling Stamp by Darkroom Door onto a piece of Ink Drops Candy 6x6 Pattered Paper Pad by Craft Consortium. The sentiment was overstamped with shimmery gold ink, then stamped again with Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink.

The frame and the image panel were edged with the same shimmery gold ink and both pieces were thoroughly heat set.

The framed image was adhered to the patterned paper panel, then onto a black A2 card.

Please pop by my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for detailed instructions and complete supply lists. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10