Monday, January 2, 2023

New Design Team Member & Lavinia Stamps Ice Skating Card

Happy New Years everyone! We are delighted to introduce a new member to our Design Team, Mel Pilling. Here is a little bit about Mel:

"I have been an avid card maker for over thirty years. I also enjoy mixed media and art journaling. I paint with acrylics both landscapes and animal portraits. I was born in England but moved to Canada as a child. I am at my happiest in my art room playing with inks, paper and stamps with my German shepherd Guinness by my side. I have a very funny husband and an amazing son to keep me out of trouble."


She makes wonderful cards and her first one is no exception! Here is her rundown of how she created this beauty…

Mel:

I do love Lavinia stamps and my favourite thing is creating scenes with all the animals and fairies. Today I began using a hill mask in a mountain shape and stencilled upwards with Lavinia Elements Lagoon Blue leaving a couple of circles done lightly to accommodate the lantern glow then darken the edges with Lavinia Elements Midnight Blue, Dark Denim and Graphite.  I lowered the mountain mask blending a tiny amount of Midnight Blue to form hill shadows. On the lower section, I stenciled in Graphite to create ice. I then used  a credit card side and Versafine Claire Nocturne and white paint separately to form streaks in the ice. I then stamped the characters in Nocturne, and highlighted in white pen. I then stamped the trees on white card. I extended the trees by flipping the stamp upside down and stamping above initial stamp. Then I water coloured them. Then I fussy cut them and glued them onto the piece.  Splashed with white paint for the snow and shadowed all the animals and trees with watercolours.

Today is the last day of the Winter Sale. Pay the store a visit to stock up!



Topflight Stamps products used:

Lavinia - Woodland Sprite

Lavinia - Millie & Munch

Lavinia - Dragonfly Keeper

Lavinia - Woodland Hares

Additional supplies: Lavinia Elements Ink, Versafine Clair Inks, Lavinia Stencil Brush, Tilly & Tango Stamp, Druid's Inn Stamp, Red Berry Wreath Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10