Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Being Crafty...



Hello everyone!  Hope you are having a terrific day!  Betsy here on the blog bringing you a little something different than a card.  It's one of the fabulous MDF Life Quotes from Debbi Moore Designs!


This was so much fun to play with!  I could have taken this in so many directions and I finally went with a blue/green star theme and...a little on the distressed side.

I started by just spraying Nuvo Shimmer Spray in Nebula Blue and Fresh Pear all over my piece.  I did this randomly so both colors would be showing.


Once this was dry I really started having fun!  First I used Gold Treasure Gilding Polish by Creative Expressions.  I dabbed this on randomly.  Then I dotted all the "i" with a drop of Nuvo Crystal Glaze and a spritz of dry glitter.  I went through my stash of gems and sequins and found 3 sizes of stars.  The bigger 3 dimensional ones I used on the stars themselves and the base.  I used the medium and smaller ones everywhere else.  These were addicting putting them on! 
 My last touch was an application of Nuvo Stone Drops in Lady Liberty which I applied with a Q-tip.  This gave nice texture without any glitz or glimmer.  It dries lighter than when it goes on so it really shows up.

And that completed my project.  This is definitely going in my studio!


Topflight Products Used:


There is more than one quote available...so much fun!


Check out my own blog for more details
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10