Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Messy Me


Hello, Topflight fans! Toni here with you today sharing a fall-themed craft room decoration.  Have you seen the various Debbi Moore Designs MDF Plaques in the shop?


Here I'm using the Debbi Moore Designs MDF Life Quotes Plaque. You can use the plaque as is or you can fancy it up every which way!


I applied a random coating of Modge Podge onto the MDF and then covered that with gold leafing. I knew I hadn't wasted my $1 at that crafty garage sale 5 years ago!  LOL.

Oh, wait, before that, I applied a coat of white acrylic paint--you can see it along the edges.


Once all that was dry and I had gotten as much of the leafing off literally everything, including the cats (they were so glamorous!), I applied more Modge Podge to the flowers and used Studio Light Art by Marlene Collage Paper #3 over it. You can especially see the paper on the larger flowers.


I sponged some Prism Ink (Orange Zest, Red Chili and Blackcurrant Jam) next.  That worked really well as some of the paper was present so it had something to stick to.  I coated the lot with a final bit of Modge Podge and then randomly sprinkled Copper Pearl Ex. Really hard to capture the shimmer of that but it looks fab with the grungy gold and paint.


If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Have a crafty rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10