Thursday, September 5, 2019

Toadstool Hoppers

We would like to welcome Cathy Norton as our September Guest Designer! You can find her at her blog, Altered Celtic Gypsy.


And here is a little bit about her:

My name is Cathy Norton and I have been stamping over 20 years. I'm married and have 3 kids. I have a part time job that helps pay for my stamp collection and my paper hoarding. My style is all over the board. I like to try new techniques that I see on YouTube or on something that catches my eye that would get my fingers inky. 

Cathy has a lovely card and envelope pair to share with us today! Take a look and see how she did it:


Cathy here, I started out with a watercolor paper. I used Distress Oxide Sprays to color the background. When that was dry I took Grunge sun Stencil to make the rays of light. I sprayed water through the stencil and then blotted it up with a paper towel. 

Next I stamped the mushrooms on white cardstock and colored with copic markers and cut out. I added Glossy Accents to the circles except the small one. Next I took the flower stem base and stamped that on top of the watercolor card. Stamped the ground and then I added my mushrooms, but what are mushrooms without magical fairies hopping on them? I then added some white highlights with a white gel pen and mounted it on black cardstock.


Now I made an envie to go with the card. I used the flower from the Great Days set and stamped it 3 times and colored it with copic markers; then I used Distress Ink on the whole envie to color the rest. I masked off where the address will go and I stamped the word sentiment from the same stamp set on top of the address would go.  I stamped the swirl different spots on the envie.


Topflight Stamps Products Used:






1 comment:

01 09 10