Sunday, September 1, 2019

Gel Press Mixed Media Fun!

Happy Monday! Today I have a mixed media birthday card to share with you. The base is a Gel Press Plate print from a mad cap printing session I did a while ago. Monoprinting with a Gel Press is highly addictive, let me warn you! It's a great way to play and then you have a stack of prints at the ready for using to make cards, journals and other art endeavors.


In this case, I trimmed my print to fit the front of the card (made with Neenah Metallic Cardstock) and used a stamp platform to stamp the Polkadoodles Queen of Hearts Collage stamp onto it. The print wasn't perfectly smooth so I had to re-ink the stamp and stamp again to get a few spots that got missed the first time. Thanks goodness for stamping platforms!

I stamped a small tag with the Happy Birthday Sentiment from Darkroom Door and some of the flowers from the Polkadoodles set. I sent this off to my aunt for her birthday and I hope she likes it. (These are some of her favorite colors and she loves to garden.)

Thanks for stopping by!

Topflight Stamps Products:





Darkroom Door stamp set - Happy Birthday Sentiment Stamps






Prism Ink - ThundercloudCamellia Pink







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10