Tuesday, November 3, 2020

You've Got This!

 Greetings! It's Tuesday, which means it's Kathi here to share a project with you. There are so many wonderful new products in the store, including some from new companies! 

I've created a card using the Little Critters Clear Stamp Set by The Card Hut, which is an fabulous new clear stamp set featuring squirrels and their antics. I used the set with the Tree Branch Clear Stamp by Lavinia Stamps and a sentiment from the wonderfully versatile Classic Sentiments by Heffy Doodle.

Here's the card.


To create the card, I first stamped Tree Branch in brown ink on the upper left. I then placed the image panel onto a stamping platform, so I could figure out the placement for the other elements on this little scene.

The stack of red squirrels and the bird feeding platform stamps from the Little Critters Clear Stamp Set were positioned face down on the image panel. The platform lid was pressed into the back of the stamps, lifted, and the stamps were inked. I was able to get a great impression from the first stamping, so I didn't need to re-ink. Yay. The stamps were removed from the platform and cleaned.

I then figured out where to position the hanging peanut feeder and repeated the process.

I was an avid bird watcher when we lived in England, so I remembered the bird species and their coloration. We never had a red squirrel visit us and they're not native to New Jersey, so I had to use Google to figure out their coloration, though I could have used the packaging from the stamp set, if I had found it under the piles of detritus on my table. Oops.

So, the preceding paragraph could have been summarized as, "Copic markers were used to color the branch, birds, red squirrels, the grey squirrel, and the bird feeding platform." I also used the markers to color the grass, the few freehanded leaves, and the sky. 

The sentiment, "You've got this", from the Classic Sentiments Clear Stamp Set  by Heffy Doodle was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko onto a banner die-cut. 

The image panel was trimmed and adhered to patterned paper, which was then adhered to a brown card. The sentiment banner was adhered using glue dots and a foam adhesive square.

If you'd like to learn more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping!

PSA: There are lots of fantastic new products at Topflight Stamps, so you should definitely click on over there after reading my instructions! BTW, if you'd like to get 12% off your order at Topflight Stamps use THIS LINK!

Topflight Stamps Products Used:














Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10