Monday, November 23, 2020

Fun & Games For New Year's

 Hello Topflight Stamp Fans, Karen Bearse here with a December Daily page that is fun & games! The theme this week is New Year's so make sure you check back & see what the team is coming up with.  I am prepping pages for my album and thought I would work on a page for that. There is a full tutorial on my blog which you can find here.  

 


Here is my very mixed media looking page. I love that it is prepped just waiting for photos & the story of our New Year's. I am pretty sure I am not alone that 2020 was not the best year & it will be great to see it go. 


The brilliance of this page is there is not a drop of paint on it. If you love that art journal background look but aren't into paint you can still get the effect by using Art By Marlene's Collage papers. There are 2 different packs & they come with 2x10 patterns. It is printed on light weight paper which is perfect for collage. 

In my opinion every mixed media page needs some stamping . We tend to board game with the family on New Year's Eve & AALL & Create have the perfect sets for that theme. I used Edison Game #142 for both the back ground & some of the white cut out images. 

Next up was a set that has this lovely unique chess set incorporated into it. Even though we don't normally play chess it is the theme of game that counts! I love the layers on these stamps. Chess Art #115 has subtle stitching in the background, along with different styled words & numbers, so fun.  

For the title, this wonderful alphabet set by Tracy Evans was used. Grungy Alphabet #397 is exactly as it's title suggests & is perfect for a mixed media page.  

To give my title that wow factor it was stamped with ink & embossed with Seth Apter's Aegean Sea Emboss Powder. I also used Prism Inks with the powder to create a dynamic embossed look. While trying to decide what color to use I created this swatch sheet. This helps me see at a glance what the color combo results are. The top stamp is with the embossing, below that is just the ink with the name of the color underneath. Seth's Baked Velvet are translucent which changes the colors of the inks used underneath. So fun!

 

Did you see the great Black Friday sale we are having? Click on the photo to save, save, save! 

 


Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you have a great week & get the chance to get inky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10