Tuesday, November 24, 2020

New Year Card from the Meerkats!

Greetings! It's Tuesday, so it's Kathi here sharing a project with you. This week my teammies and I are getting ready for the New Year. I'd imagine you're ready for 2021 too! 

The Katzelkraft Meerkats always look like they're having a great time, so I decided to use that set to create my card. In the interest of full disclosure, I had planned a shaker card and was 85% done when I made a huge mistake that couldn't be repaired, so I've gone with "Plan B". I will revisit that specific card and will share it with you all. Eventually. 

Anyway, here's the salvaged card.


The meerkat in the middle was stamped onto white paper and onto repositionable label paper, which was fussy-cut to become a mask. The other two meerkats were then stamped onto the image panel and onto the label paper, which was also fussy-cut for masks. I had stamped another two meerkats onto the image panel, but when I tried to salvage them, the paper tore. Alas.

A ruler was placed over the bottom of the image covering the meerkats paws, then blue Distress ink was brushed over the masked meerkats. The next step was to position the Super Hero stencil over the meerkats and brush lilac and raspberry Distress ink over the stencil onto the image panel.

The ruler was repositioned to cover the top part of the image and blue Distress ink was brushed over the bottom part of the image panel. The Stone stencil was positioned, then darker blue ink was brushed over that. I ended up trimming off most of that part, but it's a very cool stencil. 

All the masks were lifted and reserved for another use. The three meerkats were colored with Copic markers and any missing linework was touched up with a fine point black pen.

The image panel was die-cut and matted on a grey die-cut and adhered to a patterned paper panel, which was in turn adhered to a grey A2 card.

The sentiment, from my oft-used Classic Sentiments Clear Stamp Set by Heffy Doodle was stamped onto light blue patterned paper using Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko which is my *go to* ink for fine-lined images and sentiments. The sentiment was die-cut and adhered to finish the card.

If you'd like to see the full supply lists, including marker choices, please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping. 

PSA: There are lots of fantastic new products at Topflight Stamps, so you should definitely click on over there after reading my instructions! BTW, if you'd like to get 12% off your order at Topflight Stamps use THIS LINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10