Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Mermazing Cards with Lavinia Stamps!

 Greetings! It's Tuesday so you've got Kathi here. We're featuring Lavinia Stamps' wonderful products this week so be sure to check back throughout the week to see what my talented teammates have created!

I wanted to experiment with Elements Inks to see how they reacted with water mists and with salt. I got so excited that I created two backgrounds that I loved, which led to the creation of the two cards below.


Here's the first card, which also uses the Mini Fish Clear Polymer Stamp and Every Dream Clear Polymer Stamp


Elements Inks are very juicy so my usual method of using them is to apply ink to the brayer, then brayer off some ink onto a second piece of cardstock. This allows me to control the amount and intensity of the ink applied to the Gel Press.

Mermaid Elements Ink was applied to my brayer, brayered off, and brayered onto my large Gel Press. The print was pulled. This process was repeated until I was happy with the coverage. 

The same process was repeated with Blue Lagoon Elements Ink

The print was misted with water then heat set.

Here's a photo of it.





This background was the result of my experiment. The cardstock that I had used to remove the excess ink from the brayer was rather dark after multiple applications of ink. The background was sprayed with water, then I added a combination of Kosher salt and large crystals of calcium chloride. My husband is a chemist, so we have odd things around here, other than him. 

The salt immediately began to react with the water and ink. Some salt seemed to disappear; some formed a gel-like substance. 

Here's a photo.

The cardstock was heat set and the remaining crystals were brushed into the bin.
This is what the background looked like when that was done. So cool!

Please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, to find out how I created both cards, complete supply lists, and links.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:












Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10