Saturday, August 21, 2021

Art by Marlene Octopus Mixed Media Tag Tutorial


Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a fun project tutorial!  I've slowly collected a few Art by Marlene products from Topflight Stamps and was excited to finally pull a project together.  I used the AMAZING mixed media surface: Art by Marlene Tab Tags.  I'm sharing the vertical video on IGTV today, so make sure to follow.  I used PaperArtsy Infusions in Royal Blood and Emerald Isle to add a grungy/earthy base color for the tag and the stamped images.  Then I painted over portions with PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk Acrylics in Captain Peacock, Cloud 9, Twilight and Bubble Gum

I used PaperArtsy Sara Naumann stencil PS101 with a babywipe and Frescos to add the circles in the background.  I used Art by Marlene dies for the greenery and scallop detail.  The Octopus and Oyster Shell stamps come from the So-Fish-Ticated Sea Creatures stamp set 13.  I added Stickles glitter glue, large adhesive pearls and Pink Diamond Sparkles Gemstones to finish it off.  I really hope this funky project makes you smile and encourages you to be your brave beautiful self today!  Hugs, Autumn


Find these products at Topflight Stamps!




6 comments:

  1. Easily, Queen of the Underworld! Love all those tidly-bits of pink, Autumn. How many octupus's can sport a crown like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! She was really fun to make, so dramatic! I agree, she sports it well. <3 Thanks so much for the sweet comment. xx

      Delete
    2. How about sharing what die you used for the white "hills" that are the bottom of your tag? And, your reuse of those plastic lids for a paint palette is a great inspiration! I will be using my cottage cheese lids this afternoon for just that same purpose! Have a Happy Memorial Day, Autumn!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Mary! It was a lovely long weekend. Glad you liked that little upcycle. :) And the die is ABM, also by Studio Light. It was from TFS, but I think it has now been discontinued. :(

      Delete
  2. This tag rocks - love the fact on that octopus and your details all around the tag and on the bottom are fabulous. I am seriously thinking of buying that stamp set..... love your tag! hugz

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10