Monday, August 9, 2021

Rabbit in the Garden Scene with Lavinia Elements Ink

 

Hello friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a fun gardenscape card with you featuring one of my favorite Lavinia stamps, Lola the Rabbit.  I'm fascinated by the ink splattering technique Lavinia came up with using the Gel Press printing plate, and the reason they invented the Lavinia Elements Premium Dye Ink Pads.  I've clipped a Lavinia video that explains the process, which is how I created my background initially.  Starting with a "textured" background like this adds so much dimension to your scenes. 

With my dried background, I began to create a garden scene for my sweet little bunny.  First I spritzed a lot of water in the center of the panel and blotted to lift some of the ink to create a highlight.  Then I used the Lavinia Crackle (or cobblestone, if you will) stencil and sponged with Sahara Elements ink to create a pathway.  I used PaperArtsy Stencil PS067 by Kay Carley and sponged with Merlot at the top of the panel, then added more sponged shading along the edges.  I added lots of splashes of water for extra texture. 

At the pinnacle of my stone path, I partially stamped the doorway from PaperArtsy Stamp Set EEG26 by Emma Godfrey and added more sponged detail with brown ink.  Then I stamped Lola the Rabit, waiting at the doorway.  I adhered tiny Prima flowers and centered them with Nuvo Vintage Drops in Chocolate, then highlighted the stones and branches with copper Stickles.  I adhered a sticker sentiment onto a portion of inky paper leftover from my initial background making.  Now, this isn't my normal style of cardmaking, but I must say it was great fun to play and fluff along the way.  I hope you're inspired to see what scenes you can create with your stamps and stencils today.  xx, Autumn






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10