Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Pink Ink Sea Nymph Card

Greetings! It's Tuesday which means that you have Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are showcasing  Pink Ink Designs' wonderful products.

Apparently I'm still in a sea-sonal mood, so I've made a card using the Sea Nymphs Clear Photopolymer Stamp Set by Pink Ink Designs.

Here it is!

I started the card by stamping one of the two gorgeous nymphs from the Sea Nymphs Clear Photopolymer Stamp Set onto white cardstock and onto repositionable label paper. The label paper version was fussy-cut and adhered over its counterpart on the image panel to mask the image. 

The bottom fish were stamped onto the image panel and onto the label paper, which also was fussy-cut to mask them.

The bottom of the image panel was covered with a torn piece of scrap paper, then two colors of Distress Ink were brushed over the image panel to create the sea. The torn piece of paper was removed, the other side of the paper was used to cover the sea and Distress ink was brushed over the bottom of the panel to form the sand at the bottom of the sea.

The masks were lifted and the sea nymph and her fish were colored with Copic markers. Glittery gel pen was used to add some pink sparkle here and there.

The two fish at the top were stamped, then colored with Copic markers. I had used Distress ink for the background because I wanted to the top fish to be  a bit plainer in color since they were so fancy and detailed. Retrospectively, I should have done my usual stamp and mask bit since I'm not thrilled with them. 

Two colors of green Archival ink were used to stamp the two little foliage stamps that are part of the Floral Wreath Clear Polymer Stamp Set by Lavinia Stamps.

White hybrid ink was brushed over the Burst Layering Stencil by Tim Holtz onto the image panel. The panel was trimmed, edged with Distress ink, matted, and adhered to a kraft card.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, where you'll find complete supply lists and more detailed instructions. 

Topflight Stamps Products Used:






Thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10