Monday, September 13, 2021

Mixed Media Monday Art Journal Page

 Hello Topflight Stamp Fans, Karen Bearse here to kick off the week with the theme Pink Ink Designs. I am very new to these stamps, in fact this page was done with the 1st stamp I have of this company. Here is the thing. Their stamps are beautiful, detailed & create a crisp image. While the packaging may suggest there is 1 main stamp & a few smaller stamps. There are actually quite a few awesome images in each set, making it more of  a collection of stamps. 

Here is the art journal page I made. My tutorial can be found here with a different substitute then below so check it out. The crab is from a set that has been around for awhile, but as I said was new to me. Unfortunately it is no longer available. The good new is there are many other fabulous images to choose from & I will show you those as a substitute. 

Instead of the crab you could go with this fabulous Fungi set. Change the theme from ocean to forest. So many cool and decorative mushroom stamps. Love that little frog!!

How about a garden or zoo theme with this Proud Peacock set? The moon details & the feather!! 

Working in a journal is a great way to create a collection & play with product. The paper from Art By Marlene's art journals is thick & great for mixed media. It has a water color feel to it. This is a different size then the one I used but would work nicely. 

I also used Marlene's die cut images for the coral and fish. Her Paper Elements sets have over 250 images that just punch out. They are so colorful and well detailed.  

A must have for me right now is washi tape. I just love these tapes by AALL & Create! The colors are so vibrant. Love using the words for my titles too, just simple & dynamic. For a list of the inky products I used & the background stamps just head over to my blog & check out the supply list at the bottom of the tutorial! I hope you get the chance to get inky today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10