Monday, September 6, 2021

AALL & Create Tracy Evans Bird Song Slimline Card

 

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a slimline mixed media card featuring gorgeous stamps by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create.  I absolutely love dipping paper into inks and creating my own backgrounds.  It's something that really makes me happy and destress.  For this card I used a combination of the new Speckled Egg Distress Ink with Frayed Burlap and Gathered Twigs, then added some Iced Spruce Distress Oxide, drying between layers for a more mottled look.


I stamped the hatted bird from stamp set #393 Birdsong onto my inky panel, then again and colored and fussy cut him, and again just the hat for dimension.  I stamped portions of the leaf stamp to fill the panel, then embossed stamp #302 Going Postal in gold.  I finished with a splash of Bronze Penny Glimmer Mist (not sprayed, but splashed from the receptacle), a couple of brads for the bird's wheels and a wrap of jute.  I just love him and hope this card has inspired you to get inky today!  Hugs, Autumn



2 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with this set - I must get it out and have another play with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear! Yes, you simply must! It's such a fun set! :)

      Delete

01 09 10