Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Mixed Media Fall Inspired Canvas Bag

 Hi, Connie here with a mixed media canvas bag, great for holding all kinds
 of  fun STUFF, using the Gel Press, Darkroom Door and PaperArtsy stencils. The
 theme for this weeks blog post is Fall.  I used a selection of oranges, browns, green
 acrylic paints for the fall color palette.


The Gel Press was used to add color to the bag.  I applied several different coordinating
acrylic paints to the Gel Press, ran a (hair)comb through it (to get the wavy lines) and
 then started adding stencil images. 


The stencil images and texture lines were enhanced by outlining them with acrylic
paint.  I used a no.00 script liner for this. It really makes a difference
and brings the images front and center.  I like that!!!


Buttons were handsewn on the bag tab and random clusters on the bag front.  I used
embroidery thread for this. It shows up better than sewing thread :):).  Hope you
will give the Gel Press and stencils a try!
  

Products Used:


Gel Press 6X6 Round ( I used a 4X4 Round)


Darkroom Door/Med. Stencil/Journey

Thanks for stopping by!!
Connie Mercer/DT

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10