Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas Card with Darkroom Door Pine Cones

Merry Christmas everyone! Lisa Hoel here! I'm still crafting away on Christmas projects, even cards to mail (although I don't think they will arrive at their destinations until after Christmas, oops. Better late than never!) Here is a card I made using the Darkroom Door Pine Cones Stamp Set.

Lisa Hoel for Topflight Stamps - Christmas Card made with Darkroom Door stamps

I really love the Pine Cones set. It has a great selection of realistic pine cones and needles. Perfect for woodsy projects and of course Christmas cards! I used Distress Inks because I wanted to utilize their reactivity to water. Using a stamping platform, I first stamped the pinecone in the lighter brown (Brushed Corduroy) and spritzed it lightly with water so it would wick out. After drying it, I stamped over the top with the darker brown for detail. I like the watercolor effect of the wicking. Next I masked off the pine cones and stamped the pine needles. It's a quick and easy card! This design wouldn't be too hard to mass produce if you wanted to make many of them for mailing out.

Lisa Hoel for Topflight Stamps - Christmas Card made with Darkroom Door stamps

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are finding some holiday joy and have a chance to get some creative time in the midst of the hustle and bustle.


Topflight Stamps Products:

Darkroom Door - Pine Cones Stamp Set



Other:
Ranger Distress Ink - Ground Espresso, Brushed Corduroy, Rustic Wilderness
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Evergreen Bough
Perfect Pearls mist
Tim Holtz Christmas Trim tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10