Monday, December 28, 2020

Darkroom Door Eat More CUPCAKES Flap Front Cards



Wow!  This eventful year is coming to a close and I don't know about you but I feel a sense of peace as it ends and a new beginning approaches...  I wanted to spend a little time over Christmas break to stock up on some birthday cards for next year, so I created a little assembly line with my stamp platform and some adorable Darkroom Door stamps.  


I grabbed my pad of Hunkydory watercolor cardstock and cut it as show, with one sheet making two 4 x 5.25" panels for backgrounds and two strips at 2.75 x 8.25".  I repeat stamped my focal sentiment, Eat More Cake by Darkroom Door, onto the bottom half of the strips, then scored slightly above to create flaps for my cards.

I die cut a little tab to hold the flap shut.  To do this, I marked the end of my top flap on the bottom panel with a pencil, then I used washi tape to position my smallest circle die in place.  I pulled the top panel up from under the die and took it to the die cutting machine.  I lined my top plate up a little over the line on the top of the circle to make a partial cut.

I used Prism Inks in a variety of colors using the Direct to Paper (DTP) technique to color my panels.  I shared a video tutorial on this HERE.  To get the cupcakes on the inside of my flaps to remain white, I stamped them in permanent ink (because dye inks will smear with this technique) and then colored over the image with the Darkroom Door Resist Crayon before using the DTP with Prism Inks.  After I spritzed and blended my inks as desired, I heat set them and the crayon, which magically melts into the paper so it is no longer shiny.


I just love this Cupcake stamp!  The top of the flap is the perfect size to store a giftcard above it.  I made sure to only glue the top half of the flapped panel onto the card base so there was room to close it.  For my backgrounds I repeatedly stamped the new Sketchy Stars, some embossed in white.  I hope these cards inspire you to get to work on building a happy 2021 for yourself and the ones you love.  Big creative hugs, Autumn from SewPaperPaint


Check out this deal on Prism Dye Ink Pads!


 


2 comments:

  1. wow thanks very much, it pays to read the top blog, I have those stamps, but love how you have used them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you are inspired Bev! Thanks for visiting. Hugs, Autumn

      Delete

01 09 10