Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Happy New Year!

Greetings! It's Tuesday, which means that it's Kathi here to share a project with you. I don't know about you, but I'm thrilled that soon we'll all be seeing 2020 in hindsight.

Maybe I'm not quite as eager as the robot from the Robots 1 Unmounted Red Rubber Set by Katzelkraft, who couldn't wait to chuck the year into the garbage bin AND set afire!

Here's my card.

I started the card by stamping the Garbage Can and one of the robots from Robots 1 Unmounted Red Rubber Set onto white cardstock. I then fussy-cut the robot and the trash bin. I separated the lid from the trash bin to create an open receptacle.

The images were colored with Copic markers and edged with dark marker. Several layers of clear Glaze pen were added to the light bulbs, the goggle's visor, and the rivets on the robot. The trash bin and robot were set aside while I created a background for them.

The Distressed Brick 6x6 Stencil was placed over grey cardstock and brushed with Distress Inks. Details were added to the mortar and the bricks with a black chalk pencil. I also used the chalk pencil to add the sidewalk to the base of the image panel. The image panel was trimmed and a strip of plain grey cardstock was layered onto the top of the brick to finish the wall. The brick wall was then adhered to navy cardstock, which was trimmed to 4.75" x 6.75" and edged with Distress ink.

Using Onyx Black VersaFine Ink, I stamped the same robot over the stenciled brick in the position I wanted him.

Teal-ish cardstock was cut with alphabet cutting dies, lightly smudged with black Distress ink, then adhered behind the top of the garbage can.

White cardstock was brushed with Canary YellowRed Chili, and Fire Coral Prism Inks by Hunkydory Crafts then cut with four different flame dies. The flames were adhered behind the numbers in the trash. The flaming trash bin was then adhered to the image panel.

The robot was adhered over the his counterpart on the brick background.

The sentiment, from my beloved Classic Sentiments Clear Stamp Set by Heffy Doodle, was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink then die-cut.

The card front was adhered to a white card and the sentiment was added to complete it.

If you'd like to learn more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping!

Topflight Stamps Products Used:









Thanks for visiting today! Wishing you a happy, healthy, safe, joyful, and prosperous New Year!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10