Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Believe in the Magic

 Greetings! It's Tuesday so it's Kathi here sharing a Christmas card! Since this is a magical time of year, I decided to use the beautiful focal fairy stamp from the Make a Wish Clear Polymer Stamp Set by Pink Ink Designs to create a card. I also used just the first line from the Sacred Spells verse by Lavinia Stamps, though the Fairy Merry Christmas Clear Polymer Stamp would have worked nice too, if I only had it in my stash! 

Here's my card!


The fairy from the Make a Wish Clear Polymer Stamp Set was stamped onto white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Glitter pens were used to add a touch of glitter to the snowflakes and some of the small dots. A white gel pen was used to add highlights to the holly berries, then several layers of clear Glaze pen was used to dimension and shine to them and the mistletoe berries.

I stamped the first line the verse from the Sacred Spells Clear Polymer Stamp using Onyx Black VersaFine Ink below the image on the colored background. 

Fairy Merry Christmas Clear Polymer Stamp, also by Lavinia Stamps would have worked really well. Alas, I don't have it in my stash. Yet!

Since the fairy stamp was so intricately detailed, I decided to keep the card design fairly simple, so I limited myself to using a corner rounder punch was used on the top right hand corner, a mat layer, and patterned paper.

White Gold Premium Metallic Cardstock from the Neenah Creative Collection was sponged with Rainforest Green Prism Ink by Hunkydory Crafts to create shimmery green cardstock that was used to mat the image panel. Using dye inks with this paper creates some really wonderful results, especially if you're a magpie like me and love some shimmer and glitter.

The image panel was first adhered to patterned paper, then to a 5" x 7" card.

If you'd like to learn more about my card, please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:





Not used but a good alternative would have been:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10