Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Wishing You A Lovely Day!

Greetings! It's Tuesday so you've got Kathi here to share a project with you! I've created another slimline scene card with PaperArtsy's Eclectica by Kay Carley #35 Rubber Cling Mounted Stamp Set, Eclectica by Kay Carley MINI #27 Rubber Cling Mounted Stamp, several Fresco Finish Chalk Paints, and two dies from the Essential Rectangle Slimline Frame Die Set from the Sue Wilson Slimline Collection by by Creative Expressions.

Here it is!


This card is out of my comfort zone in three ways. I created the blue sky background using Fresco Finish Chalk Paint by PaperArtsy on my big Gel Press, which was the first time I succeeded using acrylics with a gel press! I painted the dragonflies, stepping stones, and freehand painted the grassy foreground. Lastly, the seriously bright color palette almost led me to bin the entire thing. My daughter and some friends told me to keep going. So I did.

I used a brayer to apply Summer SkyPeriwinkle, and Snowflake Fresco Finish Chalk Paint by PaperArtsy to my big Gel Press. I pulled the print, heat set it, and used the second largest die from the Essential Rectangle Slimline Frame Die Set from the Sue Wilson Slimline Collection by by Creative Expressions to cut the painted/printed cardstock to form the image panel.

 Using my stamp platform, Onyx Black VersaFine Ink was used to stamp the fairy house and the stone path from the Kay Carley #35 Rubber Cling Mounted Set and the two dragonflies from the Kay Carley MINI #27 Rubber Cling Mounted Stamp

The dragonflies were painted with Southern Skies and Bougainvillea Fresco Finish Chalk Paint. The stone walkway was painted with Little Black Dress, Elephant, and Stone Fresco Finish Chalk Paints. I put the image panel back onto the stamp platform and restamped the stones to fix painting mistakes. The grass wasfree-hand painted the grass using Limelight, Hyde Park, and  Lawn Fresco Finish Chalk Paints. Paint pens were used to add flowers to the grass. I suppose I could have used Fresco Finish Chalk Paints, but I didn't want to push my luck!

The fairy house was stamped again using Copic-friendly ink, fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers in seriously bright colors, and edged with a dark marker. The windows were coated with several layers of Clear Glaze pen to add dimension and shine. When dry, the fairy house was adhered onto its counterpart on the image panel. 

A clear Aqua Shimmer pen was used to add sparkle to the dragonflies and blue glitter pen was used to add dragonfly trails. The edges of the image panel were distressed to create a bit more visual interest, then matted with black cardstock.

The sentiments were stamped onto a leftover piece of painted cardstock, die-cut, and edged with Distress ink.

Green cardstock was cut with the largest die from the Essential Rectangle Slimline Frame Die Set from the Sue Wilson Slimline Collection and matted with black cardstock. 

The layers were assembled as shown, then the sentiments were adhered to finish the card.

If you'd like to know more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping. 

Topflight Stamps Products Used:












Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10